Homemade Maple Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 8, 2009
I make this all the time and I LOVE IT! Made it for Christmas in fact. I cut the prep time by using store bought pie crust sheets (sold in packages of two so I get four pies out of it). Just a hint of maple that makes ordinary pumpkin pie seem bland now. Try this recipe you'll love it.