Homemade Maple Pumpkin Pie
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 419 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 346mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Feb 8, 2009
I make this all the time and I LOVE IT! Made it for Christmas in fact. I cut the prep time by using store bought pie crust sheets (sold in packages of two so I get four pies out of it). Just a hint of maple that makes ordinary pumpkin pie seem bland now. Try this recipe you'll love it.