Here’s a 5-inch pie that’s as cute as it is delicious. You’ll enjoy the creamy pumpkin-maple filling and golden, melt-in-your-mouth crust. It’s great with whipped cream. —Vivian Colwell, Goshen, Ohio.
Recommended: 21 Pumpkin Pie-Inspired Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Dash salt
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to fit a 5-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Maple Pumpkin Pie in Cooking for 2 Winter 2007, p21
Reviews forHomemade Maple Pumpkin Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2009