Homemade Macadamia Crusted Tilapia
I ordered this entree at a restaurant on our first wedding anniversary. It was so delicious, I couldn't wait to re-create the recipe at home. Every time I make it, my husband and I recall a very special evening.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tilapia fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Thai peanut sauce
- Place flour and egg in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine the nuts, bread crumbs, cheese and garlic powder. Coat tilapia with flour, then dip in egg and coat with nut mixture.
- In a large skillet, cook fillets in oil over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with peanut sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 461 calories, 30g fat (5g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 737mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Originally published as Macadamia Nut Encrusted Talapia with Peanut Sauce in Reminisce Extra July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.