- 2 cups whole milk
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large saucepan, combine milk and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture reaches 175°. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Stir in the lime juice, zest and food coloring if desired. Freeze in an ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- Transfer sherbet to a 2-1/2-qt. freezer container. Allow to soften slightly; fold in whipped topping. Freeze for at least 4 hours before serving. Yield: 1-1/2 quarts.
Reviews forHomemade Lime Sherbet
"The only difference I made was whip up real whipping cream and omitted the food coloring. this was amazing!"
"How do you prepare the sugared, edible flower?? And what type of flowers can you use?"