This old-fashioned thirst quencher comes from field editor Becky Baird of Salt Lake City, Utah. Club soda gives a little fizz to the refreshing sweet-tart beverage.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup lemon peel strips (about 6 lemons)
- 3 cups lemon juice (about 14 lemons)
- 1 bottle (1 liter) club soda, chilled
- In a large saucepan, heat sugar and water over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Stir in lemon peel strips. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Stir in lemon juice; cover and refrigerate until chilled. Discard lemon peel. Pour mixture into a large pitcher; gradually stir in club soda. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Homemade Lemonade in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p10
Reviews forHomemade Lemonade
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2009
"Just like the the lemonade at the county fair. Great!"
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2009
"We love this. Just enough sweet and sour!"