Homemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 13 dozen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, cream and lemon zest. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 108 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 25, 2016
kdcannon the recipe calls for butter not shortening. Hope that helps clear things up.Susan StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine
Feb 24, 2016
Do you have to use butter flavored shortening??
Jan 29, 2012
they were great!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.