VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon juice, cream and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters dipped in flour. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 13 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Sugar Cookies in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p49
Reviews forHomemade Lemon Sugar Cookies
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 25, 2016
"kdcannon the recipe calls for butter not shortening. Hope that helps clear things up.Susan StetzelOnline Community ManagerTaste of Home Magazine"
Reviewed Feb. 24, 2016
"Do you have to use butter flavored shortening??"
Reviewed Jan. 29, 2012
"they were great!!!"