- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds, optional
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, egg, oil, orange juice and extract. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in poppy seeds if desired.
- Pour into a greased and floured 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, whisk confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 1 mini loaf (6 slices).
Reviews forHomemade Lemon Pound Cake
"I used lemon zest instead of the lemon extract. I also omitted the orange juice and used all lemon juice instead. This was very tasty. I doubled this recipe to make a regular-size loaf, but it was still small. Next time, I will try to triple the recipe."
"Haven't tried this yet, but love the fact that it makes one MINI loaf! For us single folks, so much easier than always trying to cut down a larger recipe. I give it 5 stars just for that!"
"This was good, but I wanted more lemon flavor so I substituted lemon juice for the orange juice and add lemon zest instead of lemon extract. This for a small mini loaf. You will need to double or triple the recipes. The recipe does double easily."
"This is very soft, tasty, with a nice crust!I would note to people that the recipe is for a MINI loaf and I think most people would rather have a regular-sized loaf. I just doubled everything and it turned out great. Also, I would personally like a bit more lemon taste just to the plain loaf itself, if going without a glaze.This is a wonderful recipe that I will surely make many times and recommend to others. Thank-you."