Homemade Lemon Ladyfinger Dessert
I have many fond memories of visiting the farm and watching my mother-in-law make this pretty dessert for her bridge parties. It's a delicious and light finale to any luncheon or dinner.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers
- Lemon zest strips, optional
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in water; stir until completely dissolved. Refrigerate until slightly thickened, about 45 minutes.
- Beat in cream and extract until cream mixture mounds slightly, about 10 minutes. Fold in lemon zest. Split ladyfingers and arrange upright around the edge of a 2-1/2-qt. serving bowl (about 8-in. diameter). Set aside any unused ladyfingers for garnish or another use.
- Pour cream mixture into bowl. Garnish with remaining ladyfingers and, if desired, lemon zest strips. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 274 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 50mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Lemon Ladyfinger Dessert in Country Extra May 1998