Homemade Kielbasa Bean Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa or turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 147 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 25, 2015
I made this exactly as written except I used 32 oz of chicken broth so I could use the entire container up for the soup. We didn't care for the soup; we didn't like it but we didn't not like it. There are just so many more soups that we like much better.