Homemade Kielbasa Bean Soup
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min.
Makes8 servings (2 quarts)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa or turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 147 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 694mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Nov 25, 2015
I made this exactly as written except I used 32 oz of chicken broth so I could use the entire container up for the soup. We didn't care for the soup; we didn't like it but we didn't not like it. There are just so many more soups that we like much better.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.