LaVerne Brandmeyer of San Antonio, Texas shares this satisfying soup that's full of good-for-you ingredients, such as potatoes, cabbage and carrots. Simmer up a batch on a cold winter day.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 pound smoked turkey kielbasa or turkey sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in butter until tender. Stir in broth and potato. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Kielbasa Bean Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p57
Reviews forHomemade Kielbasa Bean Soup
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review