Homemade Italian Pork Chops Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried oregano, basil and parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Green pepper rings, optional
- 1. In a nonstick skillet, brown pork chops on both sides. In a slow cooker, combine the mushrooms, onion and garlic. Top with the pork chops. In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, lemon juice, salt, oregano, basil and parsley. Pour over pork. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove pork and keep warm. Transfer mushroom mixture to a saucepan. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and water until smooth; add to saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over the pork chops. Garnish with green pepper rings if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 410 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 111mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 40g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Italian Pork Chops
"I went for the easy route and used a jar of spaghetti sauce and added two cans of condensed cream of mushroom in place of the mushrooms. It cooked on high for four hours. The pork chops were falling apart they were so tender! It was excellent! Last minute I cooked rice to mix in to the tender falling apart meat and juicy sauce. Served with sour cream and cheese on top."
"My husband and I thought this was delicious. I did add a tablespoon of red wine to the sauce and used a single 15oz can of tomato sauce instead of 2 8oz cans."
"While this recipe was not bad, I will not make it again. While the pork chops were very tender, there was not nearly enough seasoning for the sauce and I am not a fan of spicy foods. While the meat was tender, overall it was extremely bland."
"Serve with noodles and you have what we refer to pork chop spaghetti. MMMNNNN GOOD!"
"My family gave these chops all-around thumbs up. I appreciate the ease and convenience of using my slow cooker. I served this with linguine. It would be good with rice too."