Homemade Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 384 calories, 22g fat (7g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 978mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 3g fiber), 31g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 22, 2015
Sep 12, 2012
Very easy recipe and delicious. My modification was to omit the black olives and used halved chicken breasts. I sprinkled them with garlic powder before baking. Use a good quality spaghetti sauce and you won't be disappointed. Served with a green salad and garlic bread.
Sep 21, 2010
Great recipe, I just added some fresh garlic, chopped onion, and sliced sweet red pepper. Yum