Homemade Italian Chicken
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jul 22, 2015
Sep 12, 2012
Very easy recipe and delicious. My modification was to omit the black olives and used halved chicken breasts. I sprinkled them with garlic powder before baking. Use a good quality spaghetti sauce and you won't be disappointed. Served with a green salad and garlic bread.
Sep 21, 2010
Great recipe, I just added some fresh garlic, chopped onion, and sliced sweet red pepper. Yum