My family was rather skeptical the first time I served this, but I knew it was a hit when they quickly asked for seconds! I especially like serving this to company, since I can visit with my guests while it bakes.
Recommended: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Chicken in Country Extra January 1992, p51
Reviews forHomemade Italian Chicken
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 22, 2015
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2010
"Great recipe, I just added some fresh garlic, chopped onion, and sliced sweet red pepper. Yum"