- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut up
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3-3/4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cooked spaghetti
- Place chicken in a 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40 minutes; drain.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan cheese. Combine spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and olives. (If sauce is thick, add water.) Pour over chicken; bake for another 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; return to oven just until cheese melts. Serve with spaghetti. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Italian Chicken
"Great recipe, I just added some fresh garlic, chopped onion, and sliced sweet red pepper. Yum"