Homemade Italian Beef Patties
I love to cook, but I don't have time to spend all day in the kitchen. This recipe is fairly quick and easy to make, as well as being very tasty.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Toasted sandwich rolls or hot cooked spaghetti
- In a bowl, combine the beef, salt and pepper; mix well. Shape into six patties. Place the flour, eggs and crumbs in three separate shallow bowls. Dredge beef patties in flour; dip into eggs, then coat with bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook patties in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Arrange in a single layer in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top each patty with mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve on rolls or over spaghetti.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 544 calories, 33g fat (12g saturated fat), 172mg cholesterol, 910mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Italian Beef Patties in Country Extra May 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.