- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- EACH SERVING:
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee
- In a blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Store in the refrigerator.
- For each serving, place coffee in a mug. Stir in 1/3 cup Irish cream. Heat mixture in a microwave if desired. Yield: 3-1/3 cups.
Reviews forHomemade Irish Cream
"Just in time for St . Patrick's Day with friends"
"very good. made a practice round before St. Patrick's day, and had it alone over some ice. everyone loved it, perfect amount of chocolate and coffee and cream flavor. Adults had it with a little kahlua and they said it was just a little better"
"I made this for Christmas & all loved it!! I was able to lighten it up also. It still made a hit!!"
"I liked this very much - it's easily tweaked to personal taste and made an impressive cup of coffee."
"Added more chocolate syrup and splenda to sweeten. Just keeping adding and taste test!"
"I made this recipe one time for my in-laws. It was gone by the end of the weekend. I'm not a big coffee drinker so I opted out of the instant coffee. My suggestion would be to add more vanilla and almond if you do this. I think 1/4 C more sugar could be added to the recipe. It was tasty, but it could be perfected!"
"This is a tasty treat. If you like strong coffee, go light on the mix but if you are not a coffee drinker like me, add a little more of the irish cream mix to the coffee."