Homemade Honey-Mustard Salad Dressing
No one believes this thick, creamy dressing is light. Ground mustard and red wine vinegar make it tangy, while honey sweetens it a bit. —Jill Smith of Irmo, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
Makesabout 1 cup
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash celery salt
- In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 86 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Creamy Honey Mustard Salad Dressing in Light & Tasty February/March 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.