The way my boys eat them, I would spend a fortune on honey graham crackers at the grocery store. So I decided to make a homemade version that is less processed. These are great, although they still don't last long! —Crystal Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk together first eight ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. In another bowl, whisk together honey and water; gradually add to dry ingredients, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate until firm enough to roll, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to an 8-in. square. Using a knife or fluted pastry wheel, cut each into sixteen 2-in. squares. If desired, prick holes with a fork. Place 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until edges are light brown, 10-12 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 cookies
Originally published as Homemade Honey Grahams in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2018