Homemade Golden Dinner Rolls
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 5-1/2 to 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- Melted butter
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups flour, sugar, yeast and salt. In a saucepan, heat the milk, water and butter to 120° to 130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add eggs and 3/4 cup flour. Beat on high for 2 minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rest for 20 minutes. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide into 24 pieces. Shape each into a ball.
- Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with melted butter. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours. Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 150 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Apr 12, 2015
Super easy and a great tasting roll.
Nov 15, 2011
My family and I make this recipe for every holiday and special functions. These hot, fluffy rolls are always a scrumptious success!