Homemade Fudge Sauce
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 10 min. + cooling
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cut into eight pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, stir together sugar, cocoa and cinnamon. Add cream and milk; mix well. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 122 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 7, 2013
This is almost like my Mother's Hot Fudge recipe. She didn't use cinnamon but instead used instant coffee. I've since changed that to instant espresso granules and it's wonderful!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.