Homemade Fortune Cookies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 5 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°. Write fortunes on small strips of paper (3-1/2x1/4-in.); set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a pencil, draw two 3-1/2-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat butter, sugar, egg white and vanilla. Add flour; mix well. Spread 1 tablespoon batter over each circle. Bake 4-5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Slide parchment paper onto a work surface. Cover one cookie with a kitchen towel. Place a fortune in the center of the other cookie; loosen cookie from parchment paper with a thin spatula. Fold cookie in half over fortune strip so the edges meet; hold edges together for 3 seconds.
- Place center of cookie over the rim of a glass; gently press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Cool 1 minute before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with second cookie. If cookies become too cool to fold, return to oven to soften for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and fortunes.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 62 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 40mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 4, 2018
Mine kept falling apart. They were good but I didn't get a fortune cookie!!!!!!!!! :(
May 16, 2017
Kind of hard to fold into shape, and the fortune sometimes get stuck to the inside of the cookie. But SUPER DELICIOUS and super easy! I will make these again, but only as regular cookies.
Feb 20, 2016
The dough was messy and sticky, i couldnt do anything with it, it turn out like a mini pancake snapped in half with a peice of paper in the middle
Aug 26, 2015
That was fun. Practice makes perfect!
Jan 30, 2014
Tasty and a lite bit out fun
Jan 30, 2014
I've tried other recipes for fortune cookies before, this is by far the best, tastiest, and easiest, thank you!!!
Sep 28, 2012
They where very good it is hard to get them folded in to the shape with them being so hot out of oven and if you wait they are too hard. The taste was great and I would try to make them again.
Nov 13, 2011
I served it for a special event and my guests were in love with it.