- 1-1/8 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups whipping cream, whipped
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in cold water; set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin and vanilla. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into pie shell. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Eggnog Pie
"Question please--doesn't the pie crust need to be pre-baked and cooled?"
"This is a favorite in our home. Bonus is that we can make this all year around even when eggnog is not in season to buy in grocery store."
"ingredients are missing:1 teaspoon vanilla extract"