Store-bought crackers have nothing on these cheesy crisps. Make them in advance and keep them handy in an airtight container for anytime snacking.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: Homemade Snack Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in cheese. Gradually add water and vinegar, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm.
- Divide into six portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into an 8-in. circle. Cut into eight wedges and place on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Homemade Crisp Crackers in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p99
Reviews forHomemade Crisp Crackers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review