- 4 medium ears sweet corn
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Place corn in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil; cover and cook for 5-10 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cut corn from cobs.
- In a large saucepan, bring the corn, cream and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; stir in cilantro and Italian seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Cream-Style Corn
"My husband and I both enjoy this recipe---it's delicious and just a little taste. yumyum.Does anyone know if this could be made using frozen corn. I'd love to make it for a large group (16-20), and am trying to simpifly the dish."
"I would give it a rating of 5 but my family isn't big on cilantro and the Italian seasoning. I left out the Italian seasoning and cilantro and added salt/pepper. It was wonderful!"
"This one's not for us. Great-grandma's "recipe" is better by far."
"No Italian seasoning and no cilantro I like it the way my mom always made it it is just that creamed fresh corn."
"very yummy and super different"
"The cilantro and Italian seasoning throw the whole taste off!"
"It's not like what my Mother made when she cut the corn of the ear getting all the cream from the cob. She would always buy field corn because she said it was the best. We would canned it every summer."
"I like this recipe alot. It is delicious. I would make it again."
"Good recipe! Thanks for sharing with us. I appreciate low-salt recipes and not too many calories, given it has heavy cream. Thx again!"
"This is not a rating, it is a tip. When my mother would make fresh creamed corn she always scraped the cob with the edge of the knife after she had sliced the kernels from the cob. This got all of the sweet corn milk from the cob and sweetened the creamed corn. Try it. I am now going to try this recipe, which sound just like what my mother made when I was a kid....and I'm now 81!"