Homemade Corn Pudding
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in the eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in corn.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 176 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 195mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Feb 28, 2014
I made this recipe exactly as written. It was wonderful. I used it as a side vegetable dish, but I think it could be used as a desert. Maybe that is what was intended for. I will definitely do it again. I am a widow so I had 2 servings and froze the rest in individual dishes. Have not thawed them yet. J.R. Olathe Ks
Dec 10, 2013
Just okay. There are better corn pudding recipes on TOH
May 29, 2011
Served this at a family gathering on the Western Shore of Maryland. I thought it would be good and it was delicious. Will make again on many occasions.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.