- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- HONEY BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the milk. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture just until moistened.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Beat butter and honey until blended; serve with warm muffins. Yield: 16 muffins (1/3 cup honey butter).
Reviews forHomemade Corn Muffins with Honey Butter
"This is a good recipe. I only ate one tiny piece because this is definitely not low carb. Flavor is good. I'm not opposed to going back and forth between this recipe and my traditional recipe."
"Made these the other night to go with MVP chili - delicious! Honey butter was a nice touch. Got good comments from hubby and guest. Will definitely make again."
"Made these last night to go with some homemade chili. They were excellent and so easy to put together. Made them exact. Next time I make them I will use less sugar, they were just a tad too sweet. Also did not make the honey butter, again because for me the sweetness would have ruined the corn muffin. Just personal preference.But will make again soon, corn muffins are a favorite!!!"
"Very easy and good - thank you for sharing!"
"I made these today and my husband & I loved them. I also doubled the recipe for the honey butter. It was very good with the muffin. I will be making these again often..easy recipe."
"I always add can or frozen whole corn to my cornmeal not much about one cup per box.I also use commercial cornbread mix,much easier and I like easy!!"
"Can't wait to taste. They're in the oven now. It is a good day to bake! Sub zero temps here where I live!! So far I'm looking forward to eating, the ingredients sound wonderful. Probably will be creamy! I'll chk in with the critique of the flavor later.Yes...very creamy&moist. The honey butter tops it off!"
"I trick I learned about microwaving, put any bread product in a paper bag to microwave. It won't dry out or get tough."
"I love corn muffins because they are not too sweet. I made these Saturday. They must be eaten hot. However, if you make them ahead, all you do is microwave them for 15 seconds & they taste like they just came fresh out of the oven. I didn't glaze them until I was ready to eat them. Just spread butter on the top, add a little honey & microwave them for 15 seconds & they are amazing. I am eating one at my desk at work as I type. Bon Appetit!"