Homemade Cocoa Pudding
Nothing is as tasty as homemade chocolate pudding. It is so delicious that it will be gone in no time.—Lynn Steel, Brookville, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until smooth. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 8-9 minutes or until thickened, whisking every 4 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Serve warm, or press a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap on top of pudding and refrigerate.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 526 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 123mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Homemade Cocoa Pudding in Country Woman January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.