Homemade Cocoa Pudding
Nothing is as tasty as homemade chocolate pudding. It is so delicious that it will be gone in no time.—Lynn Steel, Brookville, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a 2-1/2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, flour and salt. Gradually whisk in milk and cream until smooth. Cover with waxed paper. Microwave on high for 8-9 minutes or until thickened, whisking every 4 minutes. Whisk in the vanilla.
- Pour into dessert dishes. Serve warm, or press a piece of waxed paper or plastic wrap on top of pudding and refrigerate.