Homemade Cider Beef Stew Recipe
This stew is great on cool evenings served with biscuits. The cider and vinegar tenderize the meat and provide wonderful flavor to this hearty stew.—Carol Hendrickson, Laguna Beach, California
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1/4 cup water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large carrot, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 celery rib, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 small potato, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add the beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large saucepan, brown beef in oil; drain. Stir in the cider, water, vinegar and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour and 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- 2. Add the carrot, celery, potato and onion; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 373 calories, 15g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Cider Beef Stew
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC