Homemade Chunky Apple Sauce
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 176 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 8mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 3g fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 26, 2016
My family absolutely loved this applesauce! I chose to omit the sugar and it tasted just as great using a mixture of transparents, galas, and even a couple granny smiths. This was such an easy recipe I will be making more next apple season!
Sep 19, 2012
I really liked this recipe! The flavor was excellent. This was my first time making my own homemade applesauce. It was ridiculously easy. And the flavor of this recipe can't be beat!