- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat; mash until sauce reaches desired consistency. Serve warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Chunky Apple Sauce
"My family absolutely loved this applesauce! I chose to omit the sugar and it tasted just as great using a mixture of transparents, galas, and even a couple granny smiths. This was such an easy recipe I will be making more next apple season!"
"I really liked this recipe! The flavor was excellent. This was my first time making my own homemade applesauce. It was ridiculously easy. And the flavor of this recipe can't be beat!"