- 3 packages (12 ounces each) frozen pitted dark sweet cherries, thawed and coarsely chopped
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed
- 9 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon butter
- 2 pouches (3 ounces each) liquid fruit pectin
- In a Dutch oven, combine the cherries, pineapple and raspberries. Stir in the sugar, juices, cinnamon, cloves and butter. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pectin. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle hot mixture into hot sterilized half-pint jars, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids. Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner. Yield: 12 half-pints.
Reviews forHomemade Christmas Jam
"I received this as a Christmas gift. BEST.JAM.EVER!"
"My family and friends love it!!!"
"Sets up very well but did not like the after taste that it gave. I think it because of the ground cloves, next time I will put half of what it calls for and see if it is not so overpowering."
"Just made this for Christmas gifts. It is very good and I think the recipients will love it!"
"YUMMY! I made this exactly as recipe states...and it's WONDERFUL. Especially good served warm on french toast or waffles."