Homemade Chocolate Syrup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and water until smooth. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the mixture boils, stirring twice. Stir in butter and vanilla until blended. Serve warm over ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 260 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 84mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Dec 23, 2013
This was very good. My husband and adult son loved it. My son told me I had to make more. lol
Feb 1, 2011
This is a really good alternative to store bought-my husband and boys really enjoyed it! I made it in a saucepan and it came out almost fudgy pudding like-it looks a lot thinner in the photo than it actually turned out.