Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies Recipe
Our five kids love having these cookies in their lunch boxes and keep asking when I'll make them again. The recipe comes from a family cookbook that was put together for one of our family reunions.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups quick-cooking or rolled oats
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, cream and vanilla. In another bowl, combine next six ingredients; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheets. Bake until set, 10-15 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. Meanwhile, for filling, combine cornstarch, cocoa and water in a small saucepan until smooth. Stir in sugar and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Cool. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; cover with remaining cookies. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 sandwich cookie: 260 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 174mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC