Homemade Cherry Crisp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high until bubbly, 3-4 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 567 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2017
The canned pie filling made this a snap to put together, but I am docking the recipe one star because the streusel topping made WAY too much and I had enough left for two more crisps! I omitted the spices in the streusel, used sliced almonds instead of chopped walnuts for a prettier topping, and baked the crisp in a 350 degree oven for about 27 mins. Vanilla ice cream on top made this a nice treat after dinner on a hot summer day, but now I have to figure out what to do with all that leftover topping!
Dec 5, 2013
THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD