Homemade Cherry Crisp
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Vanilla ice cream
- Combine the pie filling and lemon juice in an ungreased 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and allspice; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high until bubbly, 3-4 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 567 calories, 24g fat (10g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 187mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Jun 7, 2017
The canned pie filling made this a snap to put together, but I am docking the recipe one star because the streusel topping made WAY too much and I had enough left for two more crisps! I omitted the spices in the streusel, used sliced almonds instead of chopped walnuts for a prettier topping, and baked the crisp in a 350 degree oven for about 27 mins. Vanilla ice cream on top made this a nice treat after dinner on a hot summer day, but now I have to figure out what to do with all that leftover topping!
Dec 5, 2013
THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD