Homemade Butterscotch Fudge
- 1-1/2 teaspoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil with 1-1/2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugars, milk and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a rapid boil; boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low; stir in the marshmallow creme and peanut butter until melted and blended.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Add the butterscotch chips; stir until chips are melted. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully peel off foil. Store in refrigerator.
1 each: 75 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Dec 5, 2012
I made this recipe today, I followed directions completely, it 8 hours later and it still has not set. Not sure what went wrong but a total waste of money and ingredients!! I'm so disappointed!
Nov 25, 2011
Very good! Next time, I think I will melt the butterscotch chips before adding them to the pot - some did not melt and I ended up with some pieces of the chips in my fudge.
Dec 18, 2010
I love this recipe and even my picky father really likes it! My favorite thing about it, is that it isn't too sweet!