- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk, scalded and cooled
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a heavy saucepan or top of a double boiler, combine eggs, sugars, cream and salt. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon. Cool. Add milk and vanilla. Refrigerate for several hours. In a skillet, melt butter. Add pecans and saute on medium heat, stirring constantly, being careful not to burn them. Cool. Pour egg mixture into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer; add pecans, stirring slightly to distribute. Freeze according to manufacturer's directions. When frozen, pack ice cream in airtight containers and store in freezer. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews forHomemade Butter Pecan Ice Cream
"Butter Pecan is my husband's favorite ice cream so we were thrilled to find this recipe. I used 2% milk instead of whole and it was still perfectly creamy. We found it too sweet and he thought it had a little bit too much nuts, so next time I will reduce those. I also thought that the vanilla tasted too strong so I may cut that or add it during cooking to reduce the alcohol taste in it. We will DEFINATELY use this recipe again though!"
"My family loved this ice cream! It was creamy and delicious!I cut the sugar in half and then used a half cup of maple syrup in place of the brown sugar.Will be making this again."
"This was super easy to make and I loved the rich, buttery taste of the ice cream paired with the crunch of the pecans. This one is definitely a keeper."