Homemade Breakfast Patties
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Crumble turkey into a large bowl. Add the salt, sage, pepper, ginger and cayenne. Shape into sixteen 2-1/2-in. patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 85 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 0 carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Aug 30, 2014
I halved the recipe and got 11 servings. I used extra lean ground turkey breast. Really delicious at only 44 calories per patty.
Mar 2, 2014
These were really good. Have some zip. It takes a little work to get the spices thoroughly blended.
May 11, 2010
I love these, i would make them again.I wanted to cut back on fat & sugar. Its hard not to eat what you wont for breakfast.
Apr 14, 2010
Yummy! If you are looking for a low fat breakfast sausage, this is the one! My three loved them and I enjoyed not eating greasy sausage. Highly recommended!
Sep 3, 2009
I made these patties the other morning and they are so delicious. It has just the right amount of spices. Thanks for sharing this. Sandra Penley, Sweet Home, TX
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.