Reports Gladys De Boer of Castleford, Idaho. "We always thought bottled dressings tasted just fine until I began making my own. "It's amazing how much better this rich homemade version tastes. I make it often."
Recommended: 19 Recipes for Homemade Salad Dressing
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender; cover and process on medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Cover and refrigerate. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Dressing in Taste of Home April/May 1997, p53
Reviews forHomemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 20, 2009
"Next time I'd leave out the onion salt... makes it taste too oniony. Pretty good though."