Homemade Baked Beans
This recipe starts with a can of beans, then I dress them up for a special homemade taste.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (15 ounces) pork and beans
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Saute onion in drippings until tender; drain. Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended. Stir in pork and beans; heat through.
- Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bubbly and mixture reaches desired thickness.
Nutrition Facts3/4 each: 260 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 719mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Oven-Baked Beans in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.