Homemade Apple Crisp Recipe
- 6 cups sliced peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- Ice cream, optional
- 1. Place the apples in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. Serve with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 288 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 116mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Homemade Apple Crisp
"This is my favorite apple crisp recipe I've come across. The only change I make is the sugar. I use 1/2 white and 1/2 brown sugar."
"I used 2 granny smith and 1 gala"
"can i substitute canned apples for fresh? Should i increase or decrease liquid?"
"I subsituted 1/2c of Splenda "1/2 the Sugar" for the 1c sugar it called for and 1/4 cup of flour for the 3/4 it to called for. It tasted just as good. My family can't wait till Fall to come for us to pick the apples."