- 2 packages (1 pound each) spiral pasta
- 4 to 5 large tomatoes, chopped
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 2 large green peppers, chopped
- 2 cans (15 to 16 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound thinly sliced Genoa salami, julienned
- 1 pound sliced pepperoni, julienned
- 1/2 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups olive oil
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water. In several large bowls, combine pasta with next eight ingredients.
- For dressing, pulse vinegar, sugar, oregano and seasonings in a blender. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, 4 hours or overnight. Yield: 50 servings.
Reviews forHomemade Antipasto Salad
"What a "crowd pleaser" !"
"So good! I did quarter the recipe because it's just the 2 of us. Didn't add beans or olives but I did add marinated mushrooms (quartered), and marinated artichokes (quartered). Also things on a great antipasti platter. Loved the meat and cheese! I also used fresh moz I had to use up."
"Favorite picnic salad - LOVE the dressing! Omitted the beans and black olives. Sprinkled with shredded Parmesan."
"Excellent! Skipped the beans."
"Great, everyone liked it"
"Love the flavor. The dressing is a wonderful change from bottled Italian dressing. My husband and I eat this as the main dish for lunch as it has the meats. I do not always use the garbanzo beans (or beans at all). It is so good."