Home-Style Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated flaky biscuits
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope country gravy mix
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Dash each garlic powder, Italian seasoning, onion powder and pepper
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain. Add butter; cook until melted. Stir in the gravy mix, flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add milk and broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with biscuits.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 412 calories, 26g fat (8g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1208mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Jun 8, 2015
Canned biscuits? Gravy mix? Hmmmm...
Aug 24, 2014
My husband is the big biscuit and gravy lover and he devoured this.
Jun 15, 2014
so easy and delicious! made this for fathers day breakfast and it was a hit, will make again.
May 24, 2013
Dec 10, 2011
Made these for dinner last night- they were fantastic! The only thing I might do differently next time, is add a little extra milk.
Dec 1, 2011
I made this recipe for the guys at our hunting camp. They all loved it! Will be making this again!
Oct 24, 2011
Made these for my brother who loves sausage gravy and biscuits on his birthday...he loved them although I accidentally put a little too much pepper in the gravy! I made biscuits from scratch instead of using storebought...tasted great!
Aug 8, 2011
Unbelievably good! So comforting and so easy! It's one of our regular recipes in rotations.
Aug 8, 2011
unbelievably good! so comforting and so easy! It's one of our regular recipes in rotations
Mar 21, 2011
This was great. My kids even ate it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.