Home-Style Potato Soup Recipe
I experimented with our family soup recipe until I came up wit this version. The mashed potato flakes provide a flavorful thickening agent, and the bacon adds color and lots of flavor.
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 1 ounce process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1 bacon strip, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in oil until tender. Add the potatoes, water, bouillon, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in milk and potato flakes; cook and stir 8 minutes longer. Stir in cheese until melted. Sprinkle servings with bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 287 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 889mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Home-Style Potato Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC