Home-Style Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- 2. Drain potatoes well and place in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 190 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Home-Style Mashed Potatoes
"I was craving mashed potatoes. These were delicious! They were great leftover also."
"simple and good"
"I make these very often. They are very good and the white pepper is something different."