- 3 pounds red potatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 20-30 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain potatoes well and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1/4 cup milk, butter, pepper and remaining salt. Beat on low speed until potatoes are light and fluffy, adding remaining milk if needed. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHome-Style Mashed Potatoes
"I was craving mashed potatoes. These were delicious! They were great leftover also."
"simple and good"
"I make these very often. They are very good and the white pepper is something different."