Home-Style Hominy Casserole
When my six children were growing up, I was always looking for recipes that were filling as well as tasty. So when I came upon this dish years ago, I knew I had to try it. My family loves this casserole so much, I've also been known to make it for supper.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) white hominy, drained
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), sliced
- In a large skillet, brown and crumble sausage; drain. Add hominy; stir until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper. Add to hominy mixture; cook and stir gently until eggs are set. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover with cheese slices.
- Place under broiler until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 280 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 287mg cholesterol, 720mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Home-Style Hominy Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.