Home-Style Country Sausage Recipe
- 1 medium tart apple, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 1/2-in. thick patties. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook patties for 4-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Yield: 8 patties.
1 each: 111 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 348mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Home-Style Country Sausage
"Excellent!! The apple keeps the turkey moist and has excellent flavor. I will definently make this again. The brown rice adds a good boost of nutrition. I wouldn't change a thing!"