Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 5, 2012
Loved this. You would never know this is a lower fat/calorie recipe. It tastes better the next day. I guess you could make it more tangy by using a little more vinegar or maybe using reduced fat plain yogurt in place of the sour cream??? I loved it just the way it is and it was so easy to make.
Jun 29, 2011
This is a good basic coleslaw recipe, but I'm looking for something with some more zing to it. Not enough flavor for me.
Mar 11, 2011
Very good recipe. I just used the bagged coleslaw mix. I also added a 1/4 tsp each of celery salt and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning. We also ate it in about an hour. It was very good and very easy.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.