Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cabbage and carrot. In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients. Pour over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 88 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 292mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2012
Loved this. You would never know this is a lower fat/calorie recipe. It tastes better the next day. I guess you could make it more tangy by using a little more vinegar or maybe using reduced fat plain yogurt in place of the sour cream??? I loved it just the way it is and it was so easy to make.
Jun 29, 2011
This is a good basic coleslaw recipe, but I'm looking for something with some more zing to it. Not enough flavor for me.
Mar 11, 2011
Very good recipe. I just used the bagged coleslaw mix. I also added a 1/4 tsp each of celery salt and Mrs. Dash Onion & Herb seasoning. We also ate it in about an hour. It was very good and very easy.