Home-Style Chicken Soup Recipe
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. slow cooker, combine the first eight ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. Stir in noodles; cover and cook on high for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 137 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 671mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.