- 1 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links link (about 1/4 pound)
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 2 chicken thighs (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper or green pepper chunks (1 inch)
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup frozen cut green beans
- In a skillet, cook sausage link over medium heat until no longer pink; cut into 1/2-in. pieces and set aside. Place potatoes in a 8-in. square baking dish; drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, brown the chicken in remaining oil. Add the chicken, reserved sausage, sweet pepper, onion, water, salt, oregano and pepper to the potatoes. Bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes. Add beans. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHome-Style Chicken and Sausage
"This makes a great one-dish entree, easy and hearty. Since the recipe is timed in 15-minute increments, it's easy to start the next step while the previous step is in the oven. I made this as a meal to take to a shut-in, since everything is there is one baking pan, and the servings can easily be increased by adding more chicken thighs, sausage links, or vegetables. With a tossed salad on the side, it's very satisfying. My family has asked me to make it again soon!"